Today (17 February) is Random Acts of Kindness Day and you can make someone happy in these tough days. But, what this day is all about and how to celebrate? We will share all the information.
The entire world celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Day on February 17th, and it’s the perfect opportunity to cheer someone up.
With coronavirus social distance limitations this year, it may be a little more difficult, but there are still plenty of ways to brighten someone’s day.
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, located in Denver, Colorado, started the awareness day, which has now extended to organizations all around the world.
#MakeKindnessTheNorm is the goal and motto.
There are already 42,002 ‘RAKtivists‘ from 89 countries who have all joined on in favour of spreading greater kindness throughout the globe.
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation publishes a variety of activities each year for schools, organizations, and people to participate in. In 2022, for example, there was a coloring contest with a particular digital coloring sheet.
A RAK Day poster, lapel pin, 2022 Kindness Calendar, as well as a Make Kindness the Norm sweatshirt, water bottle, and baseball cap, would be given to five winners of the competition.
You may also become a member of the Foundation’s RAKtivist community, which provides you access to a private Facebook group as well as monthly Kindness Missions throughout the year.
The most obvious method to participate is to do a random act of kindness on February 17th.
You can use the following ideas to celebrate this day:
- Surprise bunch with a bunch of flowers
- Send someone an inspiring handwritten note
- Tell someone the positive impact they had on your life
- Tell someone that you were thinking about them
- Hide a sweet note around the house for someone you live with
- Smile to a stranger or let them go in front of you in a queue
- Pay for someone’s food behind you in a queue
- Arrange to watch film at the same time as a friend and text or video call throughout
- Cook dinner or bake a surprise for loved ones
- Help with a household chore
- Start a fundraiser to raise money for a charity you support or donate to a food bank
- Praise a colleague for something they have done well
- Offer to help vulnerable neighbors
- Send a takeaway to a friend
- Plant a tree